I’ve been out of commission since Tuesday morning when I had all four of my wisdom teeth removed. There’s been no complications but healing is a slow process. Today when im starting to write this (Sunday, June 5th) and Today when im posting this (Monday the 6th) is the first days where the pain is bearable to work. I’m telling you, this has been rough and really hard when it comes to my creating process. No desire to work or do anything that I love doing. Luckily, inspiration struck late Saturday night and it was enough to pull me out of the pain and medication fog ive been in!
My inspirations were a lot more simple than the finished product turned out to be!
Yes, these two turned out to inspire THAT card! Trust me, it surprised me too! On the left is a Gardenia from the bushes outside by my front porch. They finally bloomed late saturday night! On Sunday, putting my absolute favorite flower picked and sitting in a small vase on my desk sparked my creativity (FINALLY!) It also made me remember these dimensional stickers i got on clearance at Joann and how I hadn’t used them in anything yet.
To start the card off, I picked a few colors of pattern paper to serve as the background. Blue sky, green grass, yellow sun; very basic really. I cut the yellow sun out in a scallop pattern and used some leftover from a practice piece and flipped it to make a white cloud. I did that last-minute since I remembered the card needed some kind of sentiment (Can you tell I’ve been away from crafting too long? LOL) I had planned to add the gold glitter heart there and also decided to just use some scraps of it I had to make the stems of the flowers! After that it was just adding in the flowers and making them different heights for some interest. Overall, a very easy but kind of funky card.
Hope you enjoyed this spark of creativity I made. I wasnt too sure of it at first, but it was exactly what i needed to get back into the card making process!! Until next time!
- Core’dinations smooth cardstock 8.5×11 in White
- DCWV 6×12 cutting machine cardstock- Brights – Green leaves paper
- DCWV 6×12 cutting machine cardstock Florals and prints with glitter highlight- Yellow polka dots paper
- DCWV 12×12 DIY project stack- Envelopes- Blue striped paper
- American Crafts gold glitter cardstock 12×12
- Avery Elle- Ellie the elephant stamp set
- Scrapbook adhesives white permanent mounting squares
- Studio 112 neutral flower dimensional stickers
- Memento dew drop ink in Rich Cocoa